- Good attendance is absolutely essential for effective learning. However, sick children should not be brought to class. If the student will not be able to attend their scheduled class, please contact the studio office in advance.
- Attendance is taken at every class.
- If 3 consecutive classes are missed and the office has not been contacted, the instructor will follow up with a phone call.
- There are no refunds for missed classes. If a student is absent for any reason they may make up a class. Please speak with the instructor to make arrangements for this.
- Promptness is also essential. Tardiness detracts from learning time and disrupts classmates. Please make sure students arrive 5 to 10 minutes early to class.
- If the student arrives more than 15 minutes late to class it is up to the instructor as to whether or not the student may participate. A proper warm up is necessary for the student’s health and safety.
- Parents must be prompt in picking up their children. Please tell your child to remain in the lobby and not outside. Students will only be allowed to leave the studio if accompanied by a parent or responsible adult previously reported to the instructor.
- We reserve the right to cancel any class with less than 4 participants.
- No Registration Fee! Registrations open year around!
- Easy payment plan: either pay for a full year (10% discount applied) or pay in 4 easy installments.
- Siblings’ discount: 10% discount on the youngest dancer
- All fees must be current to participate in any performance
- A $25 fee will be charged for returned checks.
- If payment of tuition has not been made within 2 weeks of the due date students may be suspended from class until payment is made.
- There are no refunds, credits, or pro-rating of tuition upon withdrawal from the School of the Arts.
- Faculty as well as fellow students should be treated with respect and courtesy.
- Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated.
- No street shoes are permitted on the sprung dance floor.
- Please try to confine coats and street shoes to the coat room.
- Dance bags are to be brought into the dance studios or left in the locker rooms.
- Mirrors are not to be touched.
- No food or drink is allowed in the studios or lobby.
- There is a separate, designated area for food and drink.
- No gum is allowed in class.
- Dance shoes may not be worn outside for any reason.
- No smoking, vaping, drugs, or alcohol of any kind is permitted on the premises.
- Students may not have cell phones on during class.
- Small children are NOT to be left in the lobby unattended.
- Please pick up after yourself.
- We reserve the right to dismiss any student or parent whose attitude, attendance, conduct, or payment record is unsatisfactory.
- Students must arrive to class in proper dance attire. Dress code is mandatory.
- *HAIR: Creative Movement and Pre-ballet students may wear their hair in a traditional ballet bun or in a neat high ponytail with any bangs clipped off the face. Dancers Level A-1 and up must wear their hair in a classical ballet bun. If you need bun making lessons just ask, we are happy to help. A proper bun secured tightly to the head is important especially when turning in class. Hair that is falling out is disruptive to the learning process and is also a safety hazard as pins fall to the floor.
*NO DANGLING EARRINGS. This is a safety requirement. No rings, bracelets, or necklaces. Only earring studs and safely tucked religious articles are allowed. Please leave your jewelry at home.
- The School of the Arts is not responsible for any lost belongings.
- Definitive information regarding weather closings will be announced on the home page of this website and Facebook. Please check the local news reports. The School of the Arts is not responsible to make up classes due to weather cancellations.
- Morning yoga and adult dance classes will be cancelled if the Saratoga Springs City School District has a two-hour delay or closure due to inclement weather.